Interview with Linda Rebello

Hey Bookworms!


Today's interview is a bit special. It's not with an author, or even a book blogger. Today's guest is one of us! Yes, you guessed it right, she's a Bookworm! Before I begin with the questions, let me introduce her to you!

Linda Rebello is 28, and an Interior Designer by day, an avid reader by night. 
She's currently reading Twisted Threads (book #2 of the Everleen Hardcastle duology)
Apart from books, she shares her love for food, art and music.

Now that you know a bit about her, let's get rolling!


Hey Linda! Thank you for coming! If you had the chance to live a fictional character’s life, who would you want to live as? And why?


I would love to live any strong female character’s life. Almost all of them are “human”; they either start life in a rut or somehow land in one. But I love how all these characters adapt and evolve and get themselves and their dependants out of sticky situations. Notable mentions: Jane Eyre, Samantha Sweeting (the Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella), Hannah Francis, Eveleen Hardcastle (both Margaret Dickinson's heroines) and many more.

How long have you been a reader? Who inspired you to begin reading?


I've been “reading” ever since I was little. My first book was Mother Goose’s nursery rhymes which my mother would read to me. My second was Goldilocks and the three bears. I then moved on to Hans Grimm Fairy tales when I could read by myself.
My mother loves reading and she inspired me to start by myself, something I'll always be grateful to her for.


You're lucky! I have no readers in my family, and I didn't really start reading until I was 13!

Anyway, which was the first novel you read? Did you ever re-read it after that?


I don't really remember but I'm guessing Secret Seven, Famous Five, The Adventure Series and others by Enid Blyton were my first novels.
Yes I have read them many times after that.


That's nice! My first one was Harry Potter, but I did read some of Enid Blyton’s works after that.


Your top five favourites list? And why are they your favourites?


Tough one. Gone with the wind is a favorite. I haven't read it since I first did in 2007. I was in a huge slump after that because no other book was good enough. You can call it book depression.
My cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier is another. I love the dark, mysterious theme in her books.
Rebecca too is a lovely book.
I loved Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris. I read it only recently but couldn't stop raving about it. It was one of the few books I finished in a single setting.
Gone girl was of course phenomenal. Who doesn't like it?
Lassie come home by Eric Knight is a beautiful book that brought tears to my eyes.


Well, to answer your question, I don't lol, but I'm glad you do! And it's awesome that you could answer the question. I know I won't be able to!


If you could have a book discussion with one author, who would it be?


Sophie Kinsella maybe. She seems fun! Jodi Picoult too. I loved Small Great things.


Totally agree with you about Jodi Picoult! She's awesome.


Which fictional character would you want to go on a date with? Why?


Oh gosh! Fitzwilliam Darcy, Edward Rochester, Luke Brandon, Jack Reacher.


Haha, that's quite a list!


Have you ever had to face embarrassment in public because of your reading? (For example: swearing out loud at a character in a public place) If yes, please share the incident!


Well I would tear up when reading P.S I love you so I stopped reading it in public.
And I sometimes tear up when discussing books with people.


Oh, believe me, I've done worse!


Top five favourite authors? What's your favourite thing about them?


Margaret Mitchell for her patience and the beautiful way she brought the characters to life in Gone with the wind,
Margaret Dickinson because I love her strong and “real” characters,
Sophie Kinsella for her fun and light way of writing. Her characters are so goofy and relatable,
Daphne Du Maurier for her wonderful writing style.
Harriett Beecher Stowe for her bravery. She wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin during a time when slavery wasn't yet abolished. A white woman condemning prevailing social taboos certainly needed courage.


What are you currently reading?


Tangled threads (book#1 of Eveleen Hardcastle duology) by Margaret Dickinson and Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor.


Those sound great!


The top five books on your to-read list?

Star Sullivan by Maeve Binchy (library book)
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
Mengele by Gerard Posner
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier (re-read)
The shadow of the wind trilogy by Carlos Ruiz Zafon


Your least favourite thing about reading? And your most favourite?

Least favorite: Worrying about a book hangover after choosing a really good book. And the fact that I can't read all the time.
Most favorite: I read for pleasure. So I love being entertained. The best part about reading is that you don't need anyone else to have fun.


Haha, I wish I could read all the time too!


What is your favourite place to read? Your favourite snacks to eat while reading?


My bed. With my pillows stacked up behind me! 😁
I can eat anything dry and crispy. I have unhealthy reading-eating habits. Chips are a favorite. And I love having a cup of tea to go with it.



Bed and tea all the way for me too!


If you were kidnapped, which fictional character would you want to rescue you? Why?


Jack Reacher. Because he can! Lincoln Rhyme is good too. But due to his current situation, he can only send someone to find me. Sherlock Holmes of course would figure out all the clues first. Jack Reacher would be the muscle.


What do you wish you had more of in your locality, libraries or bookstores? And why?

Libraries. I have too many books and very little space to store them. I need libraries (already have one) to go to.


I wish I had a library. My city has no library!


Anything else you'd like to share with our fellow bookworms?


Yes, thank you for being my fellow bookworms. This world would be a weird, dark place without you guys. If we don't read, how would we have imagination and magic in this world? And more importantly, where would the movies come from? 😁😁😁


Exactly! Thank you for taking time out of your day for this chat!


Thanks so much for letting me rave and rant! All the best Anky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...