Review: VanishIng Girls


AuthorLisa Regan.
Genre: Mystery Thriller.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

She was close enough to see that the girl had written a word on the wall in bright, warm red blood. Not a word, actually. A name…

Everyone in the small American town of Denton is searching for Isabelle Coleman, a missing seventeen-year-old girl. All they’ve found so far is her phone and another girl they didn’t even know was missing.

Mute and completely unresponsive to the world around her, it’s clear this mysterious girl has been damaged beyond repair. All Detective Josie Quinn can get from her is a name: Ramona.

Currently suspended from the force for misconduct, Josie takes matters into her own hands as the name leads her to evidence linking the two girls. She knows the race is on to find Isabelle alive, and she fears there may be others…

The trail leads Josie to another victim, a girl who escaped but whose case was labelled a hoax by authorities. To catch this monster, Josie must confront her own nightmares and follow her instinct to the darkest of places. But can she make it out alive?
Fans of Angela Marsons, Helen Fields and Robert Dugoni will be utterly gripped and sleeping with the lights on once they discover the first in this unputdownable new crime thriller series.

Cover Review:

It's dark, dangerous and perfectly befitting to the storyline.

Book Review

VanishIng Girls is definitely one of the best mystery novels I've ever read. The characters, the suspense, everything was just perfect. 

Usually, when you read a mystery novel, it usually connects with the brain, right? You try to figure out what'll happen next. You rack your brain about it. 

But this book managed to stir both my head and my heart. It made me cry and smile proudly. It made me laugh and it made me scream 'yes!' (Which made my mom think I was crazy, as usual.)

I loved Detective Josie Quinn for her determination and her badass character. I salute that woman. 

There's another character I loved but I can't reveal his name because that's part of a suspense, but he's the good guy playing the bad guy role. 

All in all, VanishIng Girls was a shocking, goosebumps raising read and I'm excited to read more of Josie Quinn's cases! 


Buy VanishIng Girls now:




Which was the most touching mystery novel you ever read?




1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome! I definitely need to check it out soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...