Review: Unlocked Silences


Author: Mukhpreet Khurana.
Genre: Poetry, Abstract thoughts.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸŹ


Unlocked Silences is a collection of abstracts, poems and excerpts written on tissue papers over a couple of years. It is a dive deep into the circles of emotion, empathy, acceptance, healing and insights into a different perspective towards life. In the voice of a budding adolescent, the book cascades into day-to day-shortcomings, carved into poetry and at the same time, embraces you in silence and stillness of thought. The book is an attempt to connect with the reader, to reflect upon them, unbiased and together and embrace a new beginning. With simplified use of grammar and vocabulary, this book seeks nothing but the companionship of all. With this debut book, the author aims to connect to one and to all in the message and purpose of existence, the aid of spirituality and an ode to a beautiful journey called life.


The cover is flat black, and that's it. But I still somehow find it likable. Is it just me?


Unlocked Silences is a collection of poems and random abstracts. While I found some really beautiful poems in this book, there were also poems that didn't connect with me at all. 

The poems were set in an unclear theme, with write-ups popping in randomly. It was hard to follow the poems because the theme kept switching. 

I was also slightly irked by the number of spiritual-ish poems it includes. I wish it'd been mentioned in the blurb that such poem were a part of the book. 

My favourite poems were Budding Aspirations, Often, Shadow, You Still Have Time and Nocturnal Companions. These poems were really uplifting and I found myself connecting with them. 

Other than that, Unlocked Silences was a good enough read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...