Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner


AuthorStephenie Meyer.
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult, Short Story.
Rating: 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Blurb:

Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes, and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood...life before she became a vampire.

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself, and above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.
Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they only know as her. As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?

Cover Review:

Just like all the other Twilight series' book covers, Bree Tanner too features a cover with the red-black-white theme. The hourglass denotes Bree's time, that is running out. I love how meaningful Twilight's covers are!

Book Review:

This review may be a little biased because I love the Twilight Saga. I read the series for the first time when I was 15. I'm 19 now, and currently listening to the Twilight audiobook as my very own lullaby! Twilight was the second series I ever read, after Harry Potter, and therefore, it has always stayed a favourite of mine. 

It took me four years to finally get my hands on this book. I hadn't actually expected a whole story in here. I'd expected it'd be a bunch of events from Bree's life. But when has Stephenie Meyer ever written what I expected? As always, she was way ahead of my expectations. 

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, though a short story, was in itself a complete story. It had well developed characters, a flawless storyline and the Meyer flair. 

I'm trying my best to sound professional here but I might as well be fangirling because this review does not sound professional at all! 

All in all, Bree Tanner was a short, beautiful and heartbreaking read (though not so much because we already know what happens at the end) and I'm so glad I finally read it!


Buy Bree Tanner now:



Amazon UK.

Are you a Twilight Saga fan? What did you think about Bree Tanner? Let me know in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. You sound perfectly professional. :)

    Your passion sells the book, great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. Not keen on that cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I also loved this short addition to the Twilight series. I read it in just over an hour on a camping trip the year it released!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the movies but didn't read the books - this might be a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen the movies or read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listen to audio books too get to sleep too! (Including Twilight) I love the whole series. This book was a great short story. Excellent review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Had no idea she wrote a second book on Bree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fan girling is my favorite thing to do. I haven't heard of this book. I read the Twilight series and I liked it, but I don't think I liked it as much as most people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have a copy of this one on my Kindle but have yet to pick it up. I love that you did a cover review because all of these covers intrigue me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, I am also a twilight fan it was the first series that got me into reading in the first place and it will always have a special place in my heart for that very reason. Plus I absolutely love the films as well. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...