Review: Sweet Sleep (Children Of The Ankh #1)


AuthorKim Cormack
Genre: Dark Paranormal, Fantasy & Romance.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

What would you do if you discovered that everything you've ever known to be your reality was a lie? What if...the things that go bump in the night; things you thought were simply a figment of your wild imagination are in fact very real?

Would you live your life differently, if you knew you were going to be corrected...erased from this world sometime around your sixteenth birthday?

You and your twin sister were never meant to be born. There will be no place to run...No place to hide...You won't even know they're coming...Do you have what it takes to survive your Correction?

Do you have what it takes to leave your humanity behind?

If your answer is yes then hold on tight...it's going to be one hell of a ride!

Cover Review (Kindle Edition)

The cover is full of symbols and they've been overlaid over each other, giving the cover a crowded look, which didn't appeal to me much. I would have preferred if the main symbol (which I'm assuming is the symbol of Ankh) was the only one there. 

But yeah, this is one of those books where you'd regret judging by the cover. 

Book Review

I'd been kinda hesitant while requesting this book for review. The reason was that the blurb told me nothing about the story. The blurb was also why I requested it. I was intrigued by it. I wanted to know what a correction was. I wanted to know about this new story.

And now I do. 

Sweet Sleep is what The Hunger Games and Divergent might have had as a baby if they hooked up. I'm serious. 

Kayn was an awesome and strong protagonist. She was a fighter from the start and I loved her. I loved her sense of humor even more! 

Kevin was the perfect best friend to-be boyfriend ever! I loved their friendship and just how much they understood each other. Their bond was so well displayed that it touched my heart. 

All of the supporting characters had their own unique quirks and I loved them all. 

Sweet Sleep was fast paced, full of adventure, exciting, heart breaking and heart warming all at the same time. 

It's been a while since I've laughed along with a character as much as I did with Kayn and Kevin. I've also not cried as much as I did with them.

So yeah, Sweet Sleep has left me emotionally wrecked and I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my self.

I got this book as a review copy from Fiction-Atlas (Thanks!) and I really hope I'll be able to acquire the next book in the series. I have to read it!


Buy Sweet Sleep now:







15 comments:

  1. Me likey! I think this right up my alley. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't seem to get into that genre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright, everyone is bound to have their own likes and dislikes, right? :)

      Delete
  3. I may be into this but I would have to first force myself to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sold on the cover but the synopsis gave me chills. Sounds incredible! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I said you'd regret judging by the cover. It's so much more awesome than that! :)

      Delete
  5. I love dystopian books, I like the action and grit that normally accompany them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And also the fact that the whole world changes in a dystopian novel. Each and every thing is new. <3

      Delete
  6. I'm not usually into paranormal but when you throw romance into it (well into anything really), now I am interested to give it a try. I will definitely check this book out for sure!

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...