Review: The Girl Who Came Back To Life


Author: Craig Staufenberg.
Genre: Fairytale. 
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

A fairy tale about love and loss, and how to live in a world filled with both...

When you die, your spirit wakes in the north, in the City of the Dead. There, you wander the cold until one of your living loved ones finds you, says "Goodbye," and Sends you to the next world.

After her parents die, 12-year-old Sophie refuses to release their spirits. Instead, she resolves to travel to the City of the Dead to bring her mother and father's spirits back home with her.
Taking the long pilgrimage north with her gruff & distant grandmother-by train, by foot, by boat; over ruined mountains and plains and oceans-Sophie struggles to return what death stole from her. Yet the journey offers her many hard, unexpected lessons-what to hold on to, when to let go, and who she must truly bring back to life.

Cover Review:

The cover is simple, yet artistic. Simple, yet beautiful. And I'm proud to display it on my shelf!

Book Review:

I got into reading when I was 13, and I never actually read any of the classic fairytales. Sure, I watched numerous movies and know all of the plots but I never actually read them. I guess I figured I was too old for them. 

The Girl Who Came Back To Life on the other hand is a fairytale for all ages. It's magical without having any magic at all. It's beautiful, meaningful and really amazing. 

The character of Sophie is intelligent, strong and real and I absolutely loved her. She was the sweetest fairytale heroine I ever met! 

I'm so so glad I got a chance to read this beautiful fairytale.


To the author (if he ever reads this): The Girl Who Came Back To Life made it to my favorites list! And not just that, it has become my favorite fairytale too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...