Review: The Three Psychos


Author: Yash Pawaskar
Genre: Psychological Thriller, Short Stories.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Three Thrilling Stories, One Gripping Novel. In the first tale, a naked man is trapped inside a white box. His only company: 'DE22912'. How long can he survive? The second story, 'Patient Number 9', is about a hospitalized patient who must save Earth from an alien attack by blue pig-like creatures. The countdown has just begun. In the third narrative, an angry sixteen-year-old gets hold of a loaded revolver and is determined to make use of all 'Six Bullets'. And no, it's not a toy. The three psychos are part of a connected universe, set in a novel with innovative storytelling, witty narration and an entertaining mix of thrill, humour and drama.

Cover Review:

The cover is abstract and simple, and I like it for it's simplicity.

Book Review:

DE22912:

The first story in the three stories' collection, DE22912 was short, entertaining and intriguing. 

The suspense was well maintained, but the story lacked descriptions. I wish the room had been described in a better way. 

Other than that, it was a fairly good story.

Patient Number 9: 

It was another interesting read, and better than the first one, in my opinion. 

I did think it was a bit lengthy, but it was a nice read. 

Six Bullets:

By a wide margin, this was my favorite of the three short stories. I don't know what exactly made it better than the other two, but I do know that I had more fun reading this one than the other two. 

It was short, fast-paced and thrilling. Sure this story lacked the suspense that I saw in the other two, but it more than made up with its pace! 

All in all, this was an enjoyable collection and I had a lot of fun reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...