Review: The Beast Within


Author: S.L. Perrine
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

It's easy to accept the supernatural aspects of life when you're raised to hunt demons. You're less likely to believe your eyes when the demon that comes out of your closet becomes the man you'd once loved.

Renee finds out, she is not only destined to rid her world of the monsters, but she is supposed to help the monsters defeat the curse put on them by her own father. Finding out she'd been born over and over again within one-hundred years, Renee struggles to believe she is a princess from another world, destined to find the ultimate power to bring down a tyrant.
Pylira has spent one-hundred years under a dark curse, in an attempt to rid the world of the self-proclaimed Buio King. In doing so, the people of Pylira put the kingdom's daughter at the mercy of the curse. Now Tyson Cole needs to find the princess, and a way to bring her back to the real world and to him.

Cover Review:

Do I even need to say anything about this? This cover is like the cover! The kind of cover that alone is enough payback for your money! 

Book Review:

First of all, thanks to Fiction-Atlas and the author for providing me with an ARC of this book! 

The cover is absolutely W-O-W. It's beautiful, enchanting and something I'd definitely want to display on my shelf! 

The novel itself was pretty amazing too. 

I loved the whole concept, it was so new. The characters were new (species wise) the destinations were new and the story was new! 

Renee and Ty were both awesomely crafted characters, so were Chris and Tabby. 

The one think that kinda irritated me was how in a few instances where either Renee or Ty just yells, without any preceding notion of them being agitated. It felt a little weird, that's all.

By the time I reached 25%, I was like this book will probably get a 3 stars rating from me but now I have to give it a solid, well deserved 4.

The Beast Within was full of magic, dark and light and totally unputdownable. I couldn't finish it fast enough! And now I have to wait till April for the next book! No fair! 


4 comments:

  1. Ok. First of all. A ginger on the cover? You have me sold! Second, a badass female lead? Ok, just take my money now :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the cover I thought of the Book Fire from The Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore, The female looks like she could have walked right out of the book. The blurb sounds really intriguing as well and so does your review and something that could really pique my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Sounds like an original story line. The cover is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, sometimes stories have a slow build that we appreciate later.

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...