Review: Dying Breath


Author: Helen Phifer
Genre: Mystery & Suspense.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Take a breath. Pray it’s not your last.
Just a few months after a terrifying case that nearly took her life, Detective Lucy Harwin is back with her squad in the coastal town of Brooklyn Bay – and this time, she’s faced with a case more horrifying than anything she’s encountered.

Along with her partner, Detective Mattie Jackson, Lucy is investigating what appears to be a vicious but isolated murder; a woman found bludgeoned to death on a lonely patch of wasteland.

But when a second victim is discovered strangled in an alleyway, then a young family shot in their own home, Lucy and the team must face the unthinkable reality - a killer is walking the streets of their town.

While Lucy and the team try to find the link between these seemingly unconnected murders, they uncover a disturbing truth – these murders are replicating those carried out by infamous serial killers.
Lucy must get to the killer before he strikes again. But he’s got his sights on her, and is getting ever closer… Can she save herself, before she becomes the final piece in his twisted game?

Cover Review:

The cover is spooky, silent, kinda gives the feeling as if something is lurking just beneath the surface (or am I reading too much into it?!) and I love it! 

Book Review:

First of all, thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for giving me a chance to read and review this awesome book!

Dying Breath was chilling, exciting and so very awesome. 

I love psychological thrillers and especially the ones with serial killers. I love trying to figure out a killer's pattern, and who he/she might be. 

Dying Breath was everything the blurb promised and more! It was exciting, it was full of suspense and just plain awesome.

Lucy Harwin was a strong and real character. I loved her for her dedication to her job, and because she wasn't a super-human ;) 

Dying Breath kept me on my toes, gave me goosebumps and made me look twice at everyone I saw for a whole day (seriously, you could turn into a serial killer's next target by just being in the same shopping center with him!) 

Basically, I loved it. 

10 comments:

  1. That cover is perfect for this type of book. I'm thinking I need to sink my teeth into some deep books after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? And I'm sure you'll love this one! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to read a lot of mystery and suspense but not so much anymore. I'm thinking that, with books like this, I need to jump back into it. Great review and thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch a series not that long ago that was about a police team trying to catch murders who were copying serial killers. I found it really interesting, so this book perks my interest. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love a good suspense! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...