Review: A Spell In The Country



Authors: Heide Goody & Iain Grant.
Genre: Fantasy, Comedy.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Dee is a Good Witch but she wonders if she could be a better witch.
She wonders if there’s more to life than Disney movie marathons, eating a whole box of chocolates for dinner and brewing up potions in her bathtub. So when she’s offered a chance to go on a personal development course in the English countryside, she packs her bags, says goodbye to the Shelter for Unloved Animals charity shop and sets a course for self-improvement.

Caroline isn’t just a Good Witch, she’s a fricking awesome witch.
She likes to find the easy path through life: what her good looks can’t get for her, a few magic charms can. But she’s bored of being a waitress and needs something different in her life. So when a one night stand offers her a place on an all-expenses-paid residential course in a big old country house, she figures she’s got nothing to lose.

Jenny is a Wicked Witch. She just wishes she wasn’t.
On her fifteenth birthday, she got her first wart, her own imp and a Celine Dion CD. She still has the imp. She also has a barely controllable urge to eat human children which is socially awkward to say the least and not made any easier when a teenager on the run turns to her for help. With gangsters and bent cops on their trail, Jenny needs to find a place outside the city where they can lay low for a while.
For very different reasons, three very different witches end up on the same training course and land in a whole lot of trouble when they discover that there’s a reason why their free country break sounds too good to be true. Foul-mouthed imps, wererats, naked gardeners, tree monsters, ghosts and stampeding donkeys abound in a tale about discovering your inner witch.

Cover Review:

The cover is simple and childish, not something I'd usually pick, but the novel itself is way awesome and I'm glad I did read it!

Book Review:

Hilarious. Entertaining. Full of Action. Absolutely funny. These are the words I'd use to describe this book.

Right from the start, A Spell In The Country has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of jokes, hilarious one liners and heart touching moments. 

What do you get when you gather up a bunch of different kinds of witches and make them befriend each other? You get stomach cramps from too much laughing, and you get aching cheeks because of too much grinning! 

I read this book a couple of days before my final exams, and trust me, this is exactly what I needed. A good laugh is the best before-exam therapy, and I got that from reading this book.

I'm unable to choose a favorite character because all of them were so awesome in their own ways. 

I can go on and on about this book because I loved it so much, but I also need to study so I don't fail. (shivers!) 

So I'll take a leave now, and do get your hands on a copy of A Spell In The Country soon because no one should miss out on this one! In Zoffner's words, this book is fab and groovy!


Buy A Spell In The Country now:





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...