Review: Coming Of Age


Author: Nicholas Rice. 
Genre: Poetry. 
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Coming of Age is a book symbolising life in New Zealand from adolescence to adulthood. Achieved through the artistic expression of poetry written by a boy of twelve years to a man of twenty-five.

Read and see the world through another's eyes their experience and fabric that has been woven together. It’s set to entertain while challenging societal beliefs through deep exploration, observation and reflection.
Coming of Age is dedicated to Rachel Wilkinson, my Great Grandma, whom I discovered was an amazingly creative individual who couldn’t pursue her passions because of societal expectations and dis-empowerment.

Cover Review:

The cover is simple, which a white background and just an eye at the bottom. It's simple, but intriguing.

Book Review:

Coming Of Age is a collection of poems through which the author describes his life in New Zealand in the form of poems.

From the air of New Zealand to it's freedom, the author describes everything through bite size poems. 

Some beautiful, some mysterious, these poems created pictures in my mind of what New Zealand must be like. 

I picked this book off Amazon's free books list, because I felt like reading some poetry, and I'm glad I did! 

Coming Of Age was a compact, beautiful and splendid collection of poems. 


Buy Coming Of Age now:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...