Review: Digital Fortress


Author: Dan Brown.
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense. 
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Before the multi-million, runaway bestseller The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown set his razor-sharp research and storytelling skills on the most powerful intelligence organization on earth--the National Security Agency (NSA), an ultra-secret, multibillion-dollar agency many times more powerful than the CIA.

When the NSA's invincible code-breaking machine encounters a mysterious code it cannot break, the agency calls its head cryptographer, Susan Fletcher, a brilliant and beautiful mathematician. What she uncovers sends shock waves through the corridors of power. The NSA is being held hostage...not by guns or bombs, but by a code so ingeniously complex that if released it would cripple U.S. intelligence.

Caught in an accelerating tempest of secrecy and lies, Susan Fletcher battles to save the agency she believes in. Betrayed on all sides, she finds herself fighting not only for her country but for her life, and in the end, for the life of the man she loves.
From the underground hallways of power to the skyscrapers of Tokyo to the towering cathedrals of Spain, a desperate race unfolds. It is a battle for survival--a crucial bid to destroy a creation of inconceivable genius...an impregnable code-writing formula that threatens to obliterate the post-cold war balance of power. Forever.

Cover Review:

The cover is simple, but honestly, I don't care what the cover looks like because it's Dan Brown, so the cover doesn't matter, the story does. 

Book Review:

What can I expect from Dan Brown than a page-turner masterpiece? I admit that I didn't like Origin all that much, but Digital Fortress rocked! 

Right from the beginning, the suspense was thick. From David getting shipped all the way to Spain, to the Digital Fortress, the air was thick with suspense. 

Though there was no Mr. Micky Mouse...Er, I mean Robert Langdon in this one, Susan Fletcher was a really awesome character too. But I liked David Becker the most. Because he was so out of his comfort zone and yet he managed to succeed at every point, up until escaping from his killer. 

I read Digital Fortress in two sittings. The first time, I hadn't been all that interested. But then the second time I just couldn't let go, and I spent almost all day reading it, and finally finished it. 

I loved trying to figure out who the culprit might be. Unlike murder mysteries, here, I had to wonder who would want Digital Fortress the most. And when I finally did realize who it was, I was shell-shocked. 

Digital Fortress was adventurous, full of suspense and an exciting read! I'd definitely recommend you to read it!


Buy Digital Fortress now:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...