Review: You


AuthorCaroline Kepnes.
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

When a beautiful, aspiring writer strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe Goldberg works, he does what anyone would do: he Googles the name on her credit card.

There is only one Guinevere Beck in New York City. She has a public Facebook account and Tweets incessantly, telling Joe everything he needs to know: she is simply Beck to her friends, she went to Brown University, she lives on Bank Street, and she’ll be at a bar in Brooklyn tonight—the perfect place for a “chance” meeting.
As Joe invisibly and obsessively takes control of Beck’s life, he orchestrates a series of events to ensure Beck finds herself in his waiting arms. Moving from stalker to boyfriend, Joe transforms himself into Beck’s perfect man, all while quietly removing the obstacles that stand in their way—even if it means murder.

Cover Review:

The cover is dark, haunting and utterly compelling. Love it!

Book Review:

Oh My God. This was the most disturbing book I've read till date. 

Joe Golberg was an amazingly well crafted character and also a complete creep.

You kept me on my toes as I followed Joe as he literally followed Beck in order to be close to her.

The creepiest fact about this book is that Joe never realizes what he did was wrong. It's unsettling. 

Though at the same time, I can't stop myself from giving it the 5 stars rating because it was that brilliantly written. 

If you're not afraid of stalkers, crazy -sickos (Beck's word, not mine) then go ahead and read this book! ;)


Buy You now:


What's the creepiest book you've ever read?


6 comments:

  1. sounds like one of those books that is addictive and hard to put down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great thrilling read! I will have to check this one out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't ever really do dark books anymore. I'm too emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, it was so good but so creepy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds FABULOUS! I love psychological thrillers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that sounds extremely creepy! I don't know if I could handle this one. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...