Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes


Author: Maureen Johnson.
Genre: YA.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.

In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.

The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.

Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke–about–town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous–though utterly romantic–results. But will she ever see him again?
Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes.

Cover Review:

The cover is simple, screams YA and kinda cute too. 

Book Review:

This is the second book I read as an audiobook. I've tried a few, but I usually ended up getting the e-book or paperback copy in order to read it because I'm way too impatient to go at the narrator's pace, and I can't increase the speed as I'm not a native English speaker and I end up getting confused because of the various accents! 😜

But now, I can proudly say that I finished reading this book solely through the Audiobook. 

And I loved it. I loved the crazy aunt Peg, and I loved Virginia (Ginny) and Keith too. I loved the narration as well because it was easy to understand and I was actually able to fast forward it. 

The places Virginia visits are described so beautifully that I felt I was there. It was a beautiful experience. 

I also loved the letters and the pictures on them and Aunt Peg's other paintings. They were all so beautiful, I could clearly see each one of them, the description was so well done!

The writing style was super, the characters though many, were all awesome and I absolutely loved it! Now I'll head on to the book two!


Buy 13 Little Blue Envelopes now:



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweet book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it and as an audio book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the exact same thing with audiobooks. I love listening to the narrator, but dang sometimes I just want to know what happens next like NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cute read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, I heard great things about this book and now I really do want to check it out after reading your review. Because it looks and sounds so much fun and cute. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...