Review: The Text


Author: Claire Doughlas
Genre: Mystery Thriller, Short Story.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸŹ

Blurb:

A single text changed her life. Did it end his?

Emily Latimer is furious. Her boss Andrew is being so unreasonable, as always. She fires off a text to her boyfriend, only in her haste she sends it to her whole office group.

In it she says Andrew's being difficult about letting her have time off work. That she is angry. That she hopes he dies. The next day her face burns in the office. No one believes her when she says it was a typo, she meant to say does. She hopes he does.

It's a nightmare. But it gets worse - Andrew doesn't turn up for work. And then the police come knocking. Because Andrew Burton has been murdered . . .

Cover Review:

The cover is simple, and has the 'mystery' feel to it. I like it. 

Book Review:

This wasn't a book so much as it was just 40 pages long. To me, these are the 'filler' books, the books I read when I'm trying to figure out what to read next.

The Text was short, and therefore the suspense hadn't been held for too long, though even then, I'd figured who was the culprit right from the beginning. It was pretty obvious to be honest. 

But the writing style and the ending saved the story from ending up in a ditch. I liked the ending and I think that was it's saving grace. 

So yeah, it was a fun read, but it's definitely not a favorite. 


Buy The Text now:




(The book is currently available for free on Amazon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...