Review: Europa


Author: Hywel Richard Pinto.
Genre: Science Fiction.
Rating: 🍫🍫🍫🍫

Blurb:

The year is 2250 and we are witness to a historical trial of one of the Silver Fleet’s youngest and most promising captains - Captain Richard Sparks, who has been accused of murdering a fellow crew member during the Silver Star’s lengthy trip to Jupiter’s moon – Europa. But the crew are divided as to whether the Captain is to be blamed for the fiasco or whether there was a bigger conspiracy on board?

Can another murder on board the Silver Star be attributed to the unusual mission that the ship is on? Does someone want the crew of the Silver Star to fail in their mission to locate one of her sister ships, reportedly lost near Europa? And just how many of the crew can Captain Richard Sparks trust, if he is to be believed as being innocent?

Meanwhile, a shadowy organisation back on Earth contends with a dangerous, corrupt and ambitious Indian politician, with the Europa mission being used as the counter weight. Will this affect the crew on board the Silver Star?
All trials are not as simple as they seem - not when the accused has a story to tell and some people will go to great lengths to protect what actually happened on EUROPA.

Cover Review:

The cover doesn't look as good in the picture as it does on paper. It's simple, but suits the story well, so I don't mind it much. 

Book Review:

I was a bit hesitant about reading this because it's a sci-fi book, and science fiction isn't really a favourite of mine. But I'm glad I did read it. 

I loved the storyline, it had everything that is required for a good story. A good concept, realistic and well created characters, good story arcs and an engaging writing style. 



The author built up just the perfect amount of suspense to keep me interested until the end. I previously read another book (Pressure by Beatsy Reavley) that featured a submarine, while this one featured a spaceship. I felt a bit weird reading the two books in such a small timespan, because both also featured a killer on board. Talk about creepy. 

Coming back to Europa, I loved how the ultramodern weapons were described in fine details. I've read books where they just tell you what a new futuristic weapon does, with no explanation whatsoever. I'm glad this wasn't one of them.

All in all, Europa was a fun, engaging read, and I'm glad I got the chance to read it!


Buy Europa now:





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...