Review: Pieces Of Her


Author: Karin Slaughter.
Genre: Mystery, Thriller.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸŹ

Blurb:

What if the person you thought you knew best turns out to be someone you never knew at all?

Andrea Cooper knows everything about her mother Laura. She's knows she's spent her whole life in the small town of Gullaway Island; she knows she's never had any more ambition than to live a quiet life as a pillar of the community; she knows she's never kept a secret in her life.

But one day, a trip to the mall explodes into violence and Andrea suddenly sees a completely different side to Laura.
Twenty-four hours later, Laura is in hospital, shot by an intruder who's spent thirty years trying to track her down. Now, Andrea must go on a desperate journey to follow the breadcrumbs of her mother's past. If she can't uncover the secrets hidden there, there may be no future for either of them.

Cover Review

The cover is simple, a typical mystery novel cover and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. 

Book Review:

Pieces of Her is the first book I read by Karin Slaughter and I loved it. The book wasn't exactly a mystery in most parts, except for some tricky revelations throughout, like Laura's true identity and some other things which I can not reveal because of SPOILERS!

I loved watching Andy transform from a thirty years old girl who hates her job to a mature headstrong woman. The way she handles everything with as much clarity as she can, given the circumstances, made me appreciate her a lot. 



While on the other hand, Laura , or the girl she used to be, seemed somewhat totally opposite of her daughter and yet the same. Following in the shadows of someone she desperately loves, she makes a lot of mistakes. 

The two stories are narrated to us simultaneously, until they merge into one near the end. 

There were a lot of historical references and textbook talk that I had to skip past, because they bored the hell out of me. But the story and the thrill of it kept me going. 

I think I'm a Karin Slaughter fan in making—I already ordered one of her previous books!—and I'm thankful to Edelweiss and HarperCollins for the review copy! 


Order Pieces Of Her now:






No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...