Review: Aftershock


Author: Sylvia Day.
Genre: Romance, Erotica.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

When it came to playing games, my lover Jax was a master strategist. He pulled strings behind the closed doors of D.C.’s most powerful political players, and somehow still found time to nearly sideline my career. What he didn’t know was that when I didn’t like the rules, I threw them out and made my own. I wasn’t going to let Jax get away with it. I wasn’t going to let him get away at all.
I loved Jax enough that it was impossible to give up. Jax loved me enough that giving up was the only end he’d consider. He didn’t think I could swim with the sharks. It was entirely my pleasure to show him that I’d already dived in…

Cover Review:

The cover is similar to the prequel's, the only change being the colour and shape of the glass. So my review pretty much stays the same in this regards.

Book Review:

Aftershock had much more things happening than the previous book, though its length was pretty much the same, which made it less fun. I'd have loved it if there were a hundred more pages. 

The story and characters were perfect, but everything was way too rushed. I just start likingJax and then he goes and does something that makes me hate him. 

The book was a roller coaster ride, exciting and just as fast. There were no dull moments. 

The only slow and well paced part of the story was its ending, the epilogue. It was sweet and beautiful and I'm so glad it wasn't rushed. 

I'd have loved it if there had been more content, but I placate myself by thinking that this was the author's debut work, and Crossfire Series is what she's capable of now. 

All in All, Aftershock (and the duology as a whole) was exciting, fast and ended was sooner than I'd have liked. 


Buy Aftershock now:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...