Review: The New Girl


Author: Ingrid Alexandra. 
Genre: Psychological Thriller.
Rating: 🍫🍫🍫🍫

Blurb:

You’ve only just met.
But she already knows you so well.
When Rachel moves into the spare room in Mary’s flat, everyone is quick to jump to the conclusion that there’s something strange about her. Everyone apart from Mary.

And when Rachel starts sleepwalking, everyone’s fears grow. But there’s something about the new girl that Mary can’t help but trust, and having recently escaped a toxic relationship, she needs the support.

Rachel becomes a friend and an ally, and Mary soon discovers that they have more in common than she ever could have imagined.
In fact, Rachel seems to know more about Mary than she knows about herself…

Cover Review:

To be honest, I do don't judge thrillers by their covers, because they're almost always pretty simple and bland. I'm a psychological thriller addict, so when I read this book's description, I had to have it, no questions asked. 

Book Review:

The New Girl was a chilling read, and I'd expected a lot from it. A lot. 

The start was pretty awesome, it built up just enough suspense to bring me to the edge of my seat, but then things started spiraling downwards. 

It was pretty clear just after a few chapters—to me, atleast—what was going on. The truth about who Sophie was, was pretty much told when Cat gets worried about Mary seeing the letter that arrived for Sophie. 

On the other hand, the suspense about what happened on The Night and what Mark was going to do, kept me reading. And the end might have been a tad anticlimactic. 

To be honest, the ending seemed a bit overused to me. I've seen this 'good person kills bad person and gets away with it' ending in a lot of psychological thrillers recently, and it's becoming a cliché now. 

The New Girl was an exciting read, but not as original as I expected it to be. 


Buy The New Girl now:



Amazon UK. (0.99£ only!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...