Review: Shine


Author: Jodi Picoult
Genre: General Fiction, Novella. 
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb:

Today is Ruth’s first day of third grade at Dalton. The prestigious institution on New York’s Upper East Side couldn’t be more different from her old school in Harlem. Despite being the smartest girl in her grade, Ruth suspects that her classmates and teachers only see her dark skin. She also notices that Christina, the daughter of her mother’s employer, treats Ruth very differently when they’re hanging out with the popular girls rather than playing together. Ruth must navigate between two worlds, never losing sight of the dreams she has for herself—in hopes that someday, someone will see her for who she really is.

Cover Review

The cover is colorful, just like the novel. It has blues, pinks and yellows. I love it.

Book Review:

Jodi Picoult is my idol. My Sister's Keeper was the first book I read by her and since then I've read almost all of her books. 

I listened to Shine as an AudioBook and it was all Jodi Picoult. I loved how, even in such a short story, she managed to create such deep characters. 

Ruth was a sweet, caring character, even when she was a small girl, and I'm so looking forward to read more of her story in Small Great Things. 

I love Jodi Picoult for writing about topics that matter, issues that need to be focused on, and Shine was just what I always expect from her, a bunch of awesomeness. 

Okay, so this review may sound more like a fangirl's post than a critique's but I can NOT critique Jodi Picoult's work, all I can do is fangirl about it! 


Buy Shine now:







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...