Review: The Chosen Ones


Author: Carol Wyer. 
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense.
Rating: đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«

Blurb

They had not been forgiven. And they would never be forgotten …. 

When a doting young father is murdered and his body discovered in a cornfield for his family to see, it’s a harrowing new case for Detective Robyn Carter. But just as Robyn starts to investigate, a popular local doctor and young mother, is found dead outside her surgery.

As Robyn tries to find the link between the victims, she uncovers a dark web of secrets. Were these much-loved members of the community as innocent as they seemed?
The killer has a message for Robyn and the carefully chosen victims. Can Robyn get to the truth before she becomes the next target?

Cover Review

The cover is a typical mystery novel cover creating enough suspense to make it interesting. 

Book Review:

The Chosen Ones is the fifth installment in the DI Carter series, and I want to read the earlier books now. I love it when a mystery novel also focuses on the detective and not just the mystery to be solved. 

DI Carter is a strong and efficient detective and she doesn't let her personal life affect her work. I loved watching her solve this mystery! 

The mystery itself was pretty well thought out. The little snippets of the serial killer's past made me even more invested into the story and the ending threw me off even more because of it. 

The characters were well crafted, the story was engaging and I'm glad I read it! Oh, and there were two pets too, and that deserves plus points! 


Buy The Chosen Ones now:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tiny Bookish Survey! :)

Hiya Everyone! I'd love to know what you're looking for in a Book Blog, so I can improve myself! What kind of blogs wo...